Maui Recap

We are currently sitting in the Maui airport waiting to head back to Oahu!  Yesterday after a yummy breakfast at Kihei Cafe we all napped lol!  Than we headed up to Haleakalā for another spectacular sunset. We went up earlier this time so we could check out the crater.   We also stopped at Kula Ranch on the way up which was beautiful!   They have a restaurant and lodges to stay in with amazing views.  








Walking down to the edge of the crater. 




Pictures don’t really do the crater justice.  





Ted already has his selk bag on!

The last time we were on top of Haleakalā we were freezing!  So we had Mike and Erin ship us our selk bags, basically wearable sleeping bags!  We knew we would need them for Kilauea on the Big Island and bonus we ended up back on Haleakalā!










The boys selk bags are way more fun!!








The selk bags made it totally comfortable to lay under the stars.  They were spectacular!   Sorry no pictures!  And I saw my first shooting star. The boys claim to have seen at least 4 a piece.  

This morning the boys and I found a breakfast stand with delicious açaí bowls!  Finnegan was the first in the family to try an açaí bowl and now I’m a convert.  G is not convinced lol!   We did a little shopping at a fun marketplace in Kihei and I stocked up on headbands....look out Marybeth they are coming home with me! 

We wrapped up the trip by spending the afternoon/evening with the Hatch family. The boys loved playing with Ethan and Sammie and I got some fun girl time with Evie!





And last but certainly not least we saw whales!!  They were AMAZING!!


Screenshot of a video...check out my Instagram or Facebook for the full video :)

Boarding!!! ❤️❤️




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hōkūleʻa

Fabulous Friday!

Volcanos National Park