The Obamas!!

So now that Christmas and New Years have passed and they have left I thought I’d share a few pictures of our neighbors over the holidays....The Obamas!   Turns out they spent their Christmas in Lanikai, down the street from us!  

Our first siting was of the motorcade.  We had heard that they typically stayed in Kailua so we thought they were visiting friends in Lanikai. The next afternoon during a lesson on long division I heard his voice out our front window!  We looked out the window and who was walking by, Obama and his daughter.  The boys and I decided to forgo long division and go for a walk, guess who we ran into?!  The funniest was as we were about to pass him his secret service asked Finnegan to remove his hands from his pockets, Finnegan shot his arms straight in the air lol!   We walked past and I smiled, mildly dumbfounded and unsure of what to do or say.  He smiled back and asked us how we were, we politely replied and he wished us a Merry Christmas.   We kept walking enough to not look like stalkers then turned around and followed him back lol! We got up to him as he walked in front of our house. 


That’s our mailbox 1121!

We kept seeing the motorcade around town then on Christmas on our way to dinner at Brandi and Maria’s we decided to go down to their beach access to get some pictures and saw this...


Just out for a paddle!  Don’t worry secret service was right behind him on a kayak. 

A few more motorcade sightings and then the rumors flew quickly that they had left town.   I hope they had a wonderful Christmas, they certainly made ours more exciting lol!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hōkūleʻa

Fabulous Friday!

Volcanos National Park