4 day recap

Sorry I haven’t written for a few days!   Sunday, Monday and Tuesday weren’t super interesting lol.  Sunday we borrowed Brandi and Maria’s truck and went on a Craig’s list/wal-mart shopping spree.  2 houses and 2 wal-marts later we got a Hobie mirage kayak (a much older version of what we have at the lake) and 3 bikes. A Craig’s list special for me, the basket I bought at wal-mart for it cost me 1/2 what I paid for the bike lol!  I had to have a basket and I got a bell too!  G and Ted got wal-mart specials.  Finnegan is getting a loaner bike from one of the other radiologists.  

Sunday night the winds finally died down after a crazy windy week and we had a flat ocean at our beach and a beautiful sunset. 






The boys coming in from swimming the reef. 


Look carefully and you can see the moon sliver. 

Monday and Tuesday we had much better homeschool days.   It seems we do better spreading out across the day.  I was also much more prepared with piles per kid and they could pick what they wanted to do next.   It poured all day Monday so we just hunkered down and that night we had a crazy thunder storm.  On Tuesday we took a mid day break for lunch, getting our library card and the commissary.  It was nice to get out after being stuck inside all Monday.  G and Ted were able to go for s bike ride Tuesday night also.  


Writing post cards!  Both boys have a list of people they are working on.  


We found a great app to learn all about the states including capitals.  Look out Larson kiddos!!

Today was a field trip day!  We started the day by heading to Tripler so I could donate blood!  They are in need of O+ which I am and I was due.  The blood donor center was fantastic!  Honestly the best blood donation experience I have ever had (not the most fun, that will always be our give tough drive!) including a follow up email tonight.  


This made me laugh. 



Next stop was lunch with Ted after we saw his office.  Then we headed towards Waikiki and hit the Spirit Halloween store.  Holy moly did they have a lot of costumes!!  The boys got what they wanted; zombie for Finnegan and ninja for G.  I even got in the action and got a Wenda (where’s Waldo) costume.  I’ll post pics on Halloween!  

Last Waikiki stop, the aquarium.  It’s super small but really great!  We all agreed our favorite was the monk seal, he was so cute!



They had tons of reef exhibits and lots of good information on all of them.  


A giant clam




Clown fish playing in the anemone. 




Holy Grouper!




Touch tank!

A fellow patron recommended we walk out on the rock wall near the aquarium because there was a great reef along it.  And he was right!  I didn’t get any pics of the fish but we saw a ton!




A few surfers at Waikiki. 

We took the scenic route home and stopped at Sand Beach to watch the surfers. 



Another great field trip day!

In other news we introduced the kids to Magnum P.I. this week, they are totally hooked!


The intro to the show. What is funny is you see these same helicopters flying around all the time.  

I promise to try not to go so many days again!  Aloha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hōkūleʻa

Fabulous Friday!

Volcanos National Park