Double Rainbow!
We saw the coolest thing coming home this afternoon, a double rainbow! And they were both complete rainbows! I have never seen anything like it. It is crazy how many rainbows we see here.





Today was Ted’s supposedly last day of inprocessing which required a quick trip to tripler first thing and then he had to be at Schofield Barracks at 1. Guess what is 5 minutes from Schofield?! Dole Pineapple Plantation! So we all drove in together and went and learned all about pineapples! Before you learn though you have to try some Dole Whip....delicious!!
After we got our taste of pineapple we headed off on the Pineapple Express train for a tour of the plantation.
Look closely and you can see little pineapples.
Turns out Dole doesn’t just grow pineapples, they grow a number of fruits, coffee and cacao for chocolate. We tried some of their yummy coffee before heading into the pineapple maze, which was harder than I thought it would be lol! Thankfully we found all the secret spots and got out in time to get Ted to Schofield at 1.
While Ted dealt with Army stuff the boys and I found the library. Xtra math was completed and both kids read for a while before they decided it was time to kick my butt in chess.
And no I didn’t let them win!! I beat Finnegan when G was helping me and lost to Finnegan when those two teamed up. Then the tournament ended after G beat me all by himself...uggg! Next up some scrabble, I faired better lol!
We caught back up with Ted eventually and made our way back to the windward side of the island. We gave up on the Jeep dream and I was able to rent a basically brand new rogue from a local dealer that does long term rentals for military. Ted is jealous, his car feels like it could fall apart anytime it goes over 55 lol! He may be upgrading and switching to my Nissan connection.
We closed out another day with a beach trip till dusk. It’s hard not to wrap up the day soaking in the sound of the waves and listening to Finnegan and Grayson giggling and playing in the surf and sand.
Aloha!
Comments
Post a Comment