Good Morning!
Sorry it has been a few days since my last post but the last 2 nights we have gotten in and I’ve gone straight to bed at around 9 lol!! So I thought I would post this morning instead of hoping to be awake enough tonight lol! I was up before everyone so I headed down to the beach alone with my coffee to take in the sunset. Another stunning morning!







The best meal after possibly too many mai tais? Loco moco! It is rice with a hamburger, gravy and a fried egg on top. And it is delicious!! And yes I became that person and took a picture of it before I ate the whole thing!

Yesterday the boys and I were carless (we are working on that problem) so we hit the beach, did a little school work (school officially starts Monday!), then walked into the center of Kailua. It was a 1 1/2 Miles to Island Snow and no complaints!


Then we hopped on the bus for the last bit into the center of town where all the shops are.

Thursday, the boys and I drove Ted into work and ran a few errands in Honolulu before heading back to get our active duty ids made and have lunch with Ted. Ted kept telling me to look for the giant pink hospital on the hill and he was not joking lol!
The views from the hospital after you climb multiple flights of stairs from the parking lot are pretty crazy!
Ted had a few more things to do for in processing so we waited then all headed to the Hale Koa on Waikiki. The Hale Koa is the military hotel right on the beach. The military kept Fort DeRussy after WWII and eventually built a huge hotel for service members to use on vacation. They also left an old battery and turned it into an Army Museum which details Hawaii’s military history through the Vietnam War. It was really well done and the boys especially enjoyed it!
What to do at 5 when the rumor is that the Hale Koa has the best mai tais?! Head over to their beach bar of course! We stayed through sunset enjoying mai tais (why I was unable to post that night...lol) while live Hawaiian music was playing. It was a wonderful evening!
The best meal after possibly too many mai tais? Loco moco! It is rice with a hamburger, gravy and a fried egg on top. And it is delicious!! And yes I became that person and took a picture of it before I ate the whole thing!
Yesterday the boys and I were carless (we are working on that problem) so we hit the beach, did a little school work (school officially starts Monday!), then walked into the center of Kailua. It was a 1 1/2 Miles to Island Snow and no complaints!
Then we hopped on the bus for the last bit into the center of town where all the shops are.
The shops are adorable! Our last stop was to a surf shop to figure out family surfing lessons! Those should be coming soon. We lucked out and Ted was heading home so we hitched a ride back to Lanikai.
We ended up back in Waikiki for dinner after looking at some jeeps for me. Hopefully we will wrap up the Jeep search this weekend.
Time to head back up to the house and see who is up.
Aloha!
Comments
Post a Comment