Aloha po
Minus the jet lag we are loving Hawai‘i so far! We found the commissary and Costco so we have food and I actually cooked dinner tonight! We tried blue marlin which was delicious!



One of the craziest and awesome parts of Ted’s assignment here is that he will be working with Brandi who I know from my days at UNC Charlotte when I was working as an athletic trainer and she was one of my basketball players! We have stayed in touch over the years but haven’t seen each other since we both lived in DC. She has helped us so much getting set up here prior to our arrival and now that we are here. And the best part she lives 10 min away walking! We had her and Maria here for lunch yesterday and they had us for dinner! The boys were psyched to get some doggy love from Felicia and Mona. G and Mona were good couch nap buddies...damn jet lag!
The boys got their hands on some Hawaiian shirts today...it was hilarious watching them try to pick a shirt out.
Today was Ted’s first day of work, well in processing not really work yet. Again Brandi came to the rescue and was a huge help! Between the army hospital hours and the fact that it doesn’t get dark here till well after 6 we should get good ted/beach time every night. Tonight that consisted of a raging game of ocean
frisbee!
I know all our east coast peeps are already fast asleep and I am not far behind. Let’s hope I can manage to sleep past 4 tomorrow!
Comments
Post a Comment