Homeschooling

So earlier today I started today’s blog post all about our first true day of actually homeschooling being a disaster.  But it turns out it wasn’t.  Don’t get me wrong Finnegan and I had a rough start, never start the day with long division lol!   But we wrapped up the morning on a good note and then headed to the beach for a break!


Writing about what he wants to do when we see a volcano!


Learning about the northeast!


Recess or PE...who knows, who cares!!

When we returned from the beach everyone was in a much better mood!  We had a little lunch and wrapped up the day with some US geography, mystery science and then we all read quietly in a different room!

Finnegan had a great idea to have a “board meeting” at the end of our day.  We chatted about we liked learning about, what we didn’t like learning about and what the plan should be for tomorrow.  Finnegan and I agreed that we shouldn’t start the day with long division. In fact I’m pretty sure he put it after our beach break!   He was also pretty excited when I showed him some long division stuff Anna sent, so really Anna is teaching him not me!   

Tomorrow Ted starts working as a radiologist, no more in processing!  He is excited and really likes everyone in the department who he has met so far.   Another shout out to Brandi and Maria who are going to have him follow them in in the morning so he learns the best 6 am commute.  

Lots of love to everyone!  We miss you all!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hōkūleʻa

Fabulous Friday!

Volcanos National Park